Thursday, November 19, 2015

My Experience Through Meditation



I recently decided to spend thirty minutes one day just silently sitting on the swing on my front porch.  Meditation is said to be very relaxed, clears your mind of stress, and allows you to appreciate the brilliance and calmness of nature.  While sitting I saw what looked like a million flies fly by.  I wonder where they are going.  They seem to content and focused on their task at hand.  It almost makes you wish humans were more like that.  I can hear their buzzing sounds with ultimately kind of frighten me.  Next are the bees.  They flew from flower to flower like children visiting each house on Halloween.  Each bee tried to outfly the one before it.  I wonder if they’re having some sort of competition.  Maybe it’s a contest to see who can pollinate the most flowers, and queen bee gives them some sort of prize.  The bees mind their own business but still scare me however.  i am afraid of their merciless stinger.  The leaves that had fallen from the tall trees also intrigue me.  Their colors widely ranged from a vibrant green to a cherry red.  The leaves leisurely drifted like feathers falling from a bird in the sky.  Each one found its own individual path to the ground, forming spontaneous piles across the grass.  Braches were left bare resembling a starving animal that was unable to store food for the winter.  The sound of the whistling air could be heard across the world and left a sense of comfort around it.  It smelt like a lingering aroma of pine mixed with the freshness of the air.  Witnessing the potent components of nature allowed me to form a sense of relaxation and bliss.  It took my mind off my problems and day to day activities that I realized weren’t as important as they seemed.  It inspired me to try to make time to mediate more often and reflect on my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment